We love hearing from our friends. Please feel free to send us a note just below or if you prefer to speak with a human, you can call us directly at (805) 693-0303. Either way, we promise to get right back to you as quickly as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please do not remove it or reposition
Q. Where are ForFriends Inn and Santa Ynez located?
We are located in Santa Ynez, CA – the gateway to Santa Barbara Wine Country. We are just 10 minutes from Solvang and Los Olivos, 15 minutes from Buellton and Los Alamos, and 20 minutes from the famous Santa Rita Hills wine country. We are also just 45 minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, 2 ½ hrs from Los Angeles and Long Beach, 3 ½ hrs from San Diego, and 5 hrs from San Francisco. Click on our address above to find our location on Google Maps.
Q. Do you accept pets or service animals
Regretfully we cannot accommodate pets. We do, however, welcome service dogs and are sure to fully comply with all ADA requirements pertaining to the same.
Q. Do you allow children?
We love children but you should know that we are a uniquely adult establishment. Minors are welcomed with a couple of caveats. Each adult agrees not to leave any minor 14 years of age or younger unattended at any time during their stay. They also agree to monitor the minors closely at all times so as to preserve the experience of the other guests and also to avoid injury and damage.
Q. Do you have an Online Rate Guarantee?
Yes, we promise to meet or beat any current rate that you may find for our rooms on any Online Travel Agency or directory. Simply give us a call and tell us the rate and where you found it, and we’ll match or beat it. This offer is only valid by calling and booking directly with us at (805) 693-0303.
Q. What do you require for a deposit?
We require 50% of the total cost of the reservation to hold your room. We collect this at the time your reservation is made. We will then obtain the balance of your reservation on the date that it becomes non-refundable – which is typically 2 weeks prior to check-in.
Q. What is your Cancellation Policy?
Cancellations received 15 days or more prior to check-in will receive a full refund of monies collected less credit card transaction fees and a modest service fee of $35. Cancellations received 14 days or less prior to check-in are non-refundable. Monies collected will not be refunded. Unfortunately, a postponement is considered the same as a cancellation and the same rules will be applied.
Q. What time is check-in?
Check-in is officially 3:00-6:00. However, if arriving early, please do stop by the inn. If your room is ready, we’ll gladly check you in early. If not, you can still pickup your Friendship Pass so that you may enjoy an afternoon of wine tasting on us. If arriving after 6:00, we can arrange for a late check-in but require that these arrangements be made in advance. Please call us directly at (805) 693-0303 if you will be arriving at 6:00pm.
Q. What time is breakfast served?
Breakfast is served each morning in our dining room between 8:30-10:00. We ask that all try to be seated no later than 9:45. Bon appetit!
Q. What time are wine & hors d'oeuvres served?
Wine and hors d’oeuvres are served daily in either our dining room or wine garden between 4:30-5:30 on Sun-Thu and 5:00-6:00 on Fri & Sat. Please come ready to socialize and to enjoy good wine and fresh munchies. On weekends, there may also be informal live music being played. Musicians and singers are encouraged to participate.
Q. Is ForFriends Inn ADA Compliant?
ForFriends Inn makes lodging in Santa Ynez accessible to everyone
Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience in the desirable location of Santa Ynez, CA. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and accommodating for all individuals, including those with hearing, vision or other disabilities. If you have difficulty navigating our website or booking a room at our hotel, we ask you to contact us via telephone or email and our helpful staff will be happy to assist you.
1121 Edison Street,
Santa Ynez, CA 93460
Owner: David Pollock
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on http://www.forfriendsinn.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software. Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease and details our property’s accessibility features here.
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hotel Website Accessibility Features
This hotel website for ForFriends Inn is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Our Hotel Offers The Following Accessibility Features:
Property Accessibility Features
- Our Common Room
- Accessible by same wheelchair ramp as Syrah
- Wheelchair can roll under dining tables
- Powder room is ADA compliant (36”w door, roll-under sink, safety bars surrounding the commode)
- Dedicated Handicap Parking Spot
- Our Wine Garden
- The other common area is our wine garden which is also accessed via a wheelchair ramp. For those that wish to participate in garden activities from above, the balcony overlooking the garden is also wheelchair accessible.
Guest Room Accessibility Features
- Our Syrah Room is ADA Compliant
- Ground level room
- Wide passage ways including 36” door into the bathroom
- Room is located at the top of a wheelchair ramp
- Wheel chair ramp is adjacent to a dedicated (and marked) handicap parking spot
- Bathroom in the Syrah Room Accessibility Features
- Bathroom footprint large enough to turn around a wheel chair
- Bathroom also has roll-in shower with hand wand as well as a roll-under sink
- Bathroom also has safety bars on both sides of the commode and also through the shower
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- HTML Validator for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading our website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Q. Is ForFriends Inn Prop 65 Compliant?
Yes. There are chemicals in this inn known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Please do not remove it or reposition