Every morning at ForFriends Inn begins with a hearty, 3-course breakfast including fresh fruit, yogurt, and our homemade granola.
ForFriends granola came to us from Debbie Campbell, one of the original four partners. Since then, although both Sandra and Katie have made the recipe their own, granola has been a part of each breakfast since our doors opened in 2012. Guests who stay on ‘Granola Days’ know the delicious aroma drifting from our kitchen that says ‘Cozy B&B’.
Breakfast is one of our favorite times of the day because it gives our guests a chance to get to know each other, to share their experiences, and to plan their day. Our job is to make sure each day gets off to a good start. Our wonderful breakfast, complete with our homemade granola, helps to make sure that happens.
Be sure to pick up a bag when next visiting the inn or feel free to try your hand at the recipe below. Either way, please enjoy and if you think of it, feel free to send along a picture or two. We’d love to hear from you.
ForFriends Inn Granola
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
YIELD: 8 cups
- 6 cups of Quaker Old Fashioned Quick Oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup clover honey
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup nuts (raw sunflower seeds or shaved almonds)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300F
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Lightly coat cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Spread mixture evenly on cookie sheet
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and stir granola thoroughly
- Return to oven toast for an additional 15 minutes or until desired crispness
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Serve with yogurt & fresh fruit, ice cream, or by itself
- Store in airtight bag for 2 months